for me, a true sacrifice usually involves the foregoing of chocolate & coffee. however, in the interest of not inflicting penance on those around me who would not need or deserve it, the coffee will stay.
but, the chocolate will go. (dear me, did i just say that??!!) even the mochas. gulp. (however i am *not* giving up bella mocha!!)
but before i do...i *am* going to 'spread the love'...the nutella love, that is! today is world nutella day. break out that scrumptilelicous stuff, dig in with a spoon & indulge in the awesome recipes at ms. adventures in italy & bleeding espresso! quick! before tomorrow!!
that's the sacrifice! but Father T., some years ago, recommended that we not only make a sacrifice of giving up, but add a sacrifice of doing something extra... that resonated with D. & i and it has added a new dimension to lent ever since. i won't go into great detail here (it's not a confessional ;) but i will say that the "something extra" involves actions found on this timely list...just reflecting shared by the mother of this lot. (many, many thanks!)
it involves gratitude...the keeping of a new year's resolution of sorts...remember the one thousand gifts?well, i'm going to spend lent keeping that focus & counting away!
28. blogs that make my heart swell with joy, laugh out loud, sigh with wonder, get chills, cry a few tears, say prayers, send love around the world!
29. the kindness of blogging souls...
& that leads me to some very overdue thank you's & the passing on of some good.nearly two months ago, dear annie at the benedict notes & then just a few days later rebecca at cre8tiva passed this honor to me...something i find extremely humbling. in my reflecting on the words below, i want both annie & rebecca to know that they both exemplify this honor in their blogging & i too would have chosen them!..."Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) it to make more disciples. I'd like to take the opportunity to award five other bloggers with this award and badge for acting in the role of a disciple of Christ. These five all share the message in their own creative ways, and I admire them all for what they do."
In the spirit of this award, the rules are simple. Winners of this award must pick five other "disciples" to pass it on to. As you pass it on, I just ask that you mention and provide links for
(1)this post as the originator of the award ( Dan King of Management by God)
(2) the person that awarded it to you, and then
(3) name and sites of the five that you believe are fulfilling the role of a disciple of Christ.
If you know of other deserving recipients of this award, and would like to start a new string, then please post a link to where you've started in in the comments to this post. I would love for many deserving bloggers to be blessed with this recognition.
The rules of participating:
1. Copy this post.
2. Reflect on five bloggers.
3. Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.
4. Go leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they’ve been given the award.
5. Put the award icon on your site.
in the time i have spent reflecting on what this means, other bloggers have come to mind...
1. for gloriously inspirational posts...including the one thousand gifts...ann
2. for keeping us in touch with roma & the vatican like no one else...john paul
3. for a daily dose of the holiness of motherhood with 5 crazy children...the mother of this lot
4. for twining the beauty of poetry with living a holy life...debi
5. and for living a very couragous life in the face of some daunting challenges...jessica
may all of you & those who read you continue to be blessed as your share your gifts through blogging!