04 April 2008

minutia

waffle update...our sweet adopted penguin waffle has said goodbye to her 2 chicks. they have officially begun life on their own! mike reports, "Chick weight is so important that we weigh the chicks before they leave the colony. The chicks will not sit still on scales, so they are dangled by the legs instead. It looks unkind, but it does not hurt and it is quickly over. Anything over 3 kilograms is a good weight, and the average weight for the chicks at our Chilean and Argentine colonies this year was 3.2 kilograms, so they should do well." please be sure to visit mike at seabirds.org ~~~ (photo: chick being weighed courtesy of mike)i have launched a new photoblog with sabine (another member of she who blogs)~~ snap2days. april 1 was the official first post (no joke!) & we are having the best time. please stop by for a visit & be sure to leave some feedback. lissa recently proposed the project & paired us...her help to us has been extremely valuable. thank you so much, lissa! (be sure to check out lissa & susan's 2lives photoblog too!)



new friends on dogblog!! my friend L., not to be confused with the Elusive L., sent a pug-nacious photo my way...too cute for words!
bathroom, before & after!!!i am so relieved...
& finally the countdown to italia...1 week to go!!!!! i'm just trying to keep my feet on the ground before boarding the plane~~~~~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you're coming "nel bel Paese"! I wish you'll enjoy your stay!

Claudia

lissa said...

I'm glad to hear you and Sabine has finally launched your photoblog. I just want to say, I really didn't know what I was doing in pairing you two together, it was an idea on a wimp since I didn't couldn't work with three people on one photogblog.

the bathroom looks great! love that green bowl sink.

Anonymous said...

Nice little baby penguins getting ready for their new life. Nice new bathroom too! Thank you for your prayers!

xox
Constance

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Che bello! Love the new bathroom...now that didn't take so long ;)

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

i have missed so much...love the bath..i have missed you...r

Anonymous said...

I've always enjoyed your photos. Much talent there, kiddo! I hope you will post lots from Italy?!

- A - C - said...

Thank you so much for having added my blog to your list.
Have a safe and nice trip to Italy. :-)

qualcosa di bello said...

claudia...yes i am!!! & i cannot wait! if you are near venezia next week, please come find me!

lissa...it was a serendipitous pairing for sure! we are having a ball! thanks for the bathroom props...

constance...those little guys just do me in with their cuteness...love to you & your momma!

sognatrice...that's only from the perspective of the blog...it seemed forever when the water was turned off & the working crew was in the house :D

rebecca...i have missed you much too...big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you!

maryann...you are a kind, sweet gal! thank you & yes, there will be italian posts as often as possible. my children are staying stateside & will be expecting updates.

andrea...prego...e grazie!

Claudia said...

I live near Venezia! Let me know if there is any chance...

maryt/theteach said...

Wonderful post! Thanks for the compliment at my blog! :)