dear bella...you asked for random...it is my pleasure to serve it up to you (& anyone else reading today)~~ i did one of these before, but since i can be quite random on a moment's notice, it was not hard to do it again. 6 random things about me:
1. i pray the liturgy of the hours every day & have done so since june '05. at that time we had just returned from a month in italy & i could not get out of my funk. a few summers before i had purchased the liturgy of the hours prayer book & had attempted to integrate this into my life, but to no avail. that june afternoon, a thunderstorm was coming & i went out to enjoy the weather on our screen porch. for some reason i fetched my prayer book & just began while the storm raged around me~~ a perfect calm oasis. i was a bit confused as to the order & seasons as the book laid them out & so i had dinner shortly after with a friend who also happens to be a monk. he helped me considerably & also told me that doing this would change my life in ways i could not imagine. he was right.
2. i love italy (of course no one reading this would *ever* guess that...) i don't know why. i have loved italy my whole life, or at least for as long as i can recollect. i am not italian (to my knowledge) nor is D.
3. several bloggers have been inspiring me to work on my "bucket list" or 50 things to do before 50 list or whatever you want to call it... what i've discoverd about this project is that everything on my list involves travel. (D., i know you are not surprised!) 8.5 years & counting...i better get crackin'!
4. just because i am a nomad does not mean i do not appreciate my home base. if i'm not traveling, there is no place i would rather be than where we live now. D. & i both agree that it has surpassed all the dreams we ever had.
5. Little Man (the other resident nomad at casa piacere) & i regularly drool over motor homes...we dream of traveling all over the states in one. we have been know to approach strangers in parking lots to discuss the merits of their motor homes. my dream motor home is completely self-contained AND four wheel drive! i have actually seen 2 of these great beasts.
6. i have family still living in tasmania. my birth mom J. traveled as a little girl to the US~ her mom is australian & her dad, american. J. gave me an extensive family tree traced to the 1500's to copy & i was overjoyed to finally get a feel for my roots~~ they extend from the US to tasmania to the UK & finally france. of course, all these places are on my "go to" list!
& now it is my pleasure to tag some of you! randomness is fun & i can't wait to read your lists...K-bug, claudia, leslie, jannis, & wicked (though *she* is on vacation, so the rest of us slugs will just have to wait ;-) if anyone else reading this feels the urge to be random, please drop me a comment so that i may enjoy your list!