these things are fun & Shan inspired me to just jump into it. since my brain is a friend of random, this should be easy!
1. both my boys were born at home with a midwife (or 2!), my dear friend, & D. present. K-Bug was supposed to be as well (but i was very ill at 36 weeks & all parties involved felt homebirth was not a good option. turns out i had the flu & K-Bug was born a month early. all was well!). i was too young & naive when Baby Girl was on the way.
2. if you brush my hair, i will drool
3. my secret fantasy is to be living my very ordinary (albeit happy!) life, when one day in the midst of it all, someone i love grabs me (packed suitcase in hand) & wisks me away to a foreign land (preferably italia!) for a week or two or three... with all the necessary details arranged (leaving things open for spontenaity of course). this is born out of my role as "family travel agent" - i do all the work, they have all the fun. not that i really mind, but the fantasy would be a cool reality!
4. i *really* like my van (much to the chagrin of my ultra-cool teens)
5. i would rather write with a quill pen & ink well as my tools than my laptop any ol' day...but i still love my laptop!
6. the first time i saw a Monet live & in front of me as opposed to in a book or online (at the Met, NYC), my BFF & i both broke down in tears. (side note...an un-named blog reader chuckled when i first divulged this secret. but a few years later, in front of the David in Firenze...he finally *got* it!)
7. i am a "smells 'n bells" Catholic. i love our rich tradition - the ancient prayers, chant, Latin Mass, the mystical out-of-my-ordinary-life feel of beautiful church art in a beautiful old church. but this is hard to find in my neck of the woods.