thanks, michelle!! this sounds like a terrific way to say goodbye to a fabulous year before i embrace the new one. here goes...
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? take italian classes in italy!!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? yes i did & yes i will! (that is a whole other post!!)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die? quite a few acquaintances, a friend from years back, a very favorite high school teacher, & a dear neighbor.
5. What countries did you visit? italy, haiti, jamaica, grand caymen, italy, italy again, & costa rica!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? i am having trouble finding something i lacked in 2008...seriously.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? the week of the girlfriend gaggle...:-) a week with my best girlfriends needs no answer to "why"!!!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? getting laundry done between travel excursions.
9. What was your biggest failure? grumbling about little things that don't matter...things usually forgotten the very next hour, day, week.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? thank God, no.
11. What was the best thing you bought? plane tickets!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? D.'s patience with all my travel, most of which did not include him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? anyone who was mean to children or animals & anyone who lied.
14. Where did most of your money go? plane tickets again!! (fuel for our autos came in a very close 2nd!)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? holding entire conversations in italian & actually understanding & being understood.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? leona lewis's bleeding love that was sung by every single person (y'all know who you are!!!!) at the top of their lungs in our suburban on the way to the beach at midnight to see noctiluca ...although after 6 months of text messages, the gaggle of girlfriends just *might* have a differing opinion about that one! & no, i cannot post the song you are thinking about L., J. & Mrs. T.!!!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? (a) happier all the time! (b) the very same (c) richer in love for sure!!!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? slept on the transatlantic flights!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? slept while at my travel destinations.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas eve Mass with the family, gift exchanging Christmas morn, a bit o' surfing at the beach, & way too much indulging in brunch, dinner & baked goodies followed by a power nap that seemed to stretch right into bedtime!
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? over & over again, every single day.
22. What was your favorite TV program? the office (US version, though i also enjoyed a BBC episode or two)...bears, beets, battlestar galactica for all you fans out there!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? awww, don't be hatin'
24. What was the best book you read? quo vadis
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? how to download songs from iTunes onto my iPod!!
26. What did you want and get? at the risk of sounding like a broken record...travel!!!
27. What did you want and not get? not a thing...
28. What was your favorite film of this year? into the wild (though it came out in 2007, i did not see it until this year)
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? i turned 42 & the day involved fabulous company, an awesome meal, a great wine, coffee, & chocolate!!!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? my year was immeasurably satisfying as it was...
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? whatever fits into my backpack & looks good at my destination!
32. What kept you sane? my soul sisters!!!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? johnny depp (get in line girls!!!) with a bit of edwin on the side!
34. What political issue stirred you the most? piacere doesn't do politics online!
35. Who did you miss? the soul sisters & my parents
36. Who was the best new person you met? all my blog buddies (+ chef christopher) i was blessed to meet in person!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. let go & let God.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "the moment i let go of it was the moment i got more than i could handle; the moment i jumped off of it was the moment i touched down." thank u by alanis morissette
that's all for me, folks! if you do this meme, please drop me a line so that i may enjoy your answers. ciao for now...