09 April 2008

overheard...wise words edition & a perfect spring vegetable...

person addressing my child: "do you want to hear the truth..."
my child's wise response: "well, i don't want to hear a lie."
sounds good to me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
what's cooking wednesday?? ha! i bet you thought i forgot about this in all the travel excitement...well~~ you're wrong! D.'s parents will be here any minute (they are staying in boyworld, lucky them!) & tonight it's pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes &...
roasted asparagus
clean asparagus...wash thoroughly & snap the tough ends by bending each stalk & allowing it to break naturally
place asparagus in a roasting pan with olive oil
finely chop 2 large cloves of garlic & place over asparagus
sprinkle with ginger (fresh, if you have it), fresh ground pepper & sea salt
dash soy sauce & a bit more olive oil over all & toss well
bake for 10-12 minutes at 375...remove & stir...bake another 10-12 minutes or until tender...enjoy!

4 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Wise words indeed! Bravo!

Also, my neighbor just gave me some wild Calabrian asparagus...curious?

Go here and here :)

The word verification? ezmum

So slow down there Qualcosa!

Mommy Project said...

Hmmm...I have asparagus in my fridge! I think I'll try this tonight (I heard roasting is THE best way to cook it). Looks good!
:)

the mother of this lot said...

Looks beautiful. There's an award over here for you. It has to be picked up within a month though!

qualcosa di bello said...

sognatrice...i can't slow down until i'm there!

mommy...aside from raw for some vegetables, roasting is my favorite prep too

jackie...thank you gracious queen of domesticity! but please be patient as i am in my world-traveler phase for a bit! i promise to get there before 5/12 ;-)