29 February 2008

leap day musings...

after wrapping their heads around the science of why we have a leap day every fourth february & contemplating the dilemma of birthday celebrations for those born on february 29 (including their great-grandmother), the boys informed me that the next time leap year rolls around Little Man will be a senior in high school, Big Bro will be in his 2nd year of college, & their sisters will be college graduates! how's that for a mind numbing demonstration of "time flies"??it was enough to wake me before consuming my proper morning coffee intake! it was enough to make me want to reach for a piece of comfort-chocolate! but, oops! still lent! hold on the chocolate... isn't it funny how an extra day on the calendar makes you want to celebrate just a little? there is an extra bit of silliness in the air & i love it!oh yes, & it is friday too~ end of a hard-working catch-up week & all that too. plus the sunshine is absolutely brilliant. the birds are singing wildly outside my window. it is truly a day that makes me want to leap for joy!

6 comments:

the mother of this lot said...

A 'leap for joy' post! I've tagged you for a book meme!

UL said...

it was only this evening we were talking about b'days on leap day...loved this post

bleeding espresso said...

So much leaping for leap year! Woohoo!

Jannis said...

What a view in the back ground! Hmmmm I dont think you would enjoy living in Kansas....

Karen Cole said...

This post made me want to leap for joy as well. Thanks for the happy photos.

You are such a beautiful soul to have your section of thoughts and prayers.

qualcosa di bello said...

jackie...see next post! i've finally caught up!! thanks for the tag...i do love my books :)

ul...thanks! if only you could age at a quarter of the rate with a leap b-day.

sognatrice...yes! i am so glad they are feeling better again.

jannis...i do believe you are right about that. i feel sorta claustrophobic being inland. i love my water!

karen...i am glad you felt the joy! there is something special about the feeling of coming through a difficult period or illness...when you finally feel better, it is with new eyes.