sure, guys...the haiku can be about anything...
did i really say that?
yes, i did...& now, on my family-friendly blog i cannot reprint (even with permission) the submission from a certain young man. no, he didn't use foul language. no, he wasn't crude (not technically speaking). yes, he was creative! 'nuff said!...
miles of smiles...
ms. boo sent me some blog love last friday...the you make me smile award...jennie boo, not blog journey is complete without a stop by one of your sweet spots! i can always count on an adorable pic, some encouraging words, a meme to make me laugh in my visits with you! like i said last week...give me a sweet tea, a good ol-fashion rocker on a southern porch... & let's talk fah evah!
This is what the person who created this award says about it...
"the thing that I love most about blogging is that I learn so much about a person just by reading their blog. I have met MANY wonderful people with wonderful stories to tell, and I am grateful every day for each person that I have the pleasure of crossing paths in life with. I wanted to create something special for the top ten people who have inspired me through their blogging; the stories they tell, and the lives that they lead with grace and dignity. I visit their blogs for inspiration and encouragement. Although there are MANY people I want to give this award to at this very moment, I am going to choose ten bloggers: Please grab your badge and wear it(with a smile) proudly, and pass it on because you inspire and encourage me, thank you. So, now it is my turn to pass it on."
boy, the creator of this award sure got it right when s/he said..."although ther are MANY people i want to give this award to at this very moment..." i must choose just 10??
my "i-really-don't-want-to-limit-this-to-10-but-i-will-follow-the-rules" list...bloggers who inspire & encourage me...on all my blogweaving journeys...
1. lissa...for both your photgraphy & your writing...for seeing the world in a beautifully unique way...for inspiring me to look up - at the clouds! all the time! (my neck hurts!) ~ wow!
2. britt-arnhild...for your photography, your sweet words & your delectable recipes...i feel like i am at home when i read any of your blogs!
3. rochambeau...for sacred things & hats, for frida kahlo dress up & tributes to a most beautiful mom...your smiling face is just the best!
4. bri...for your encouragement to me, both in your writing & with your critiques of mine...for your studious endeavors...you keep me motivated!
5. somepinkflowers...gosh, where do i start??!?! for rounding up fellow travel sluts (whoops there goes my family friendly rating...only *you* could make me do that!), for taking us on weekly journeys to beautiful places (not to mention italy!), for spreading pinkness & petals all over bloglandia...you keep my tuesdays sane!!
6. K-Bug...now you just *know* i can't pass up this one!...this cinderella's really not so complicated...but she is adorable, witty, smart, creative, crazy, etc..etc..etc..& she is my baby!!!
7. annie elf...for the name alone, i could choose you!...my new-found blog-ball friend...for your kind words & creative spirit...for your love of exploring back roads & your writing of eloquent words...i love all your blogs!
8. eb...for the perfect shade of eb-pink...for unleashing creativity throughout all of bloglandia...for being a very creative inspiration to me every. single. day...i would do the award colors over just for you!!
9. andrea...for taking the chance, trading in the "safe" life, & for sharing your wild & crazy journey with us...through words & photos...can't wait to read the next chapter!
oh gosh...just one more...i don't like this ~~ there are so. many. more. it want to list :(
10. H...you wicked, wicked girl!...for your quips of life that make me spew some coffee... for the inspiration that your desk post vacation (next time post your actual desk & we will advise!;)...for your complete & total understanding of the fact that 45 days between vacations is way. too. long....did i say waaaaaaaaay too long??!!?!
there you have it. my *short* list.
now go out & visit these wonderful people!
and finally...i leave you with some Fine Art for Friday...
simone martini...the annunciation...uffizi gallery, firenze