02 July 2007

a walk in the garden...

grab a cup of coffee (or tea, if you like) & join me on a walk in the garden on a beautiful summer day...

first, some chives in bloom & some of my baby basil...

next stop...the petunias. i always include them in our containers because they remind me of daddy. he planted them everywhere! they are having quite a lovely summer here by the bay...

some of our heat-loving beauties are the ice plant & the hibiscus...

blooming for the 3rd time this year is one of my favorite flowers (& favorite scents!), the purple wisteria...
a perfect rose bud...

some gorgeous day lilies that escaped my harvest of the buds to make day lily soup (look for this feature on What's Cooking Wednesday!)...
and finally...some stunning remnants of our winter flowers that have miraculously survived our early summer heat (they just will not last the entire summer no matter how much you baby them)...happy pansies!...
Have a beautiful week!!!

No comments: