31 July 2007

Book to Movie Challenge

ooooh i love a challenge. especially one that requires me to read! (good excuse to curl up with a book, yet again!) i saw Terra's post this morning & followed think linking trail to SMS Book Reviews.

Your challenge is to pick and read at least 3 books that were made into movies. There is a LARGE list here. This challenge will run September 1 - December 1. (3 months)

My choices...
1. Dead Man Walking: An Eyewitness Account of the Death Penalty in the United States

2. Chocolat (I cannot believe i’ve never read this; it is one of my absolute favorite films - fabulous & johnny depp too!)

3. Freedom Writers’ Diary

Thanks for the link, Terra!

8 comments:

MommaBoo said...

Johnny Depp AND chocolate.....

I was in complete ecstacy!

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

somepinkflowers said...

stay away from MY johnny depp, please.

OK, i'll share...

:-)

PS--try this one sometime
***Five Quarters of the Orange***
also by joanne harris

it is foody, too...

qualcosa di bello said...

Jennie...you & i are on the very same page!!! ;)

SPF...ok i'll trade you one johnny depp for a keanu reeves or josh lucas!

believe it or not, i just had 5 quarters in my grubby little hands at the bookstore this afternoon. had to put it back because i still have harris's blackberry wine on my supersize *waiting to be read* pile (oh, the guilt!)

Bri said...

I've heard great and wonderful things about the Diary book. I want to read THE PRESTIGE, ALL THE PRETTY LITTLE HORSES, and THE SHINING.

Mmmm...chocolat. :) All is well in the world.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Chocolat is my most favorite book of all time. Seriously. So glad you picked it.

And SPF and I have already had it out a bit over the never-aging Johnny Depp, but I suppose there's room for just one more admirer ;)

Sounds like a great challenge; I'll have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to this challenge with you! So much fun...

Kathleen said...

Thanks for participating in the Books to Movies Challenge! That death penalty one is a movie? It looks interesting.

Literary Feline said...

Wonderful choices! I haven't read any of the books and so I say that only based on having seen the movies. Well, two of them anyway. I haven't read or seen The Freedom Writer's but I do have a copy of the book in my TBR collection. I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on each of the books you have chosen!