19 May 2009

blog-lazy...

lately it seems as though i've been doing everything but blogging. we've gone from wrapping up the school year ~ mine with all the papers finally turned in & the boys with all exams skillfully taken ~ to another round of home chores that involve my nemesis (construction) & blessed time working with our negected yard...that's a pretty fair balance...any aggravation left over from dealing with hammering & contractors' crazies is easily remedied with getting my hands dirty in the soil in anticipation of summer blooms to delight the eye & fresh herbs for the palate...i tend to lose myself in the scent of the earth that mingles on a sea breeze with magnolia...my thoughts happily drifting everywhere & nowhere, wandering the backroads of my memory & meandering with hope into the coming weeks' plans...the reward at the end of the day~~ a hot shower for those tired muscles i forgot existed & a glass of wine on the dock at sunset. sleep tonight will be a welcome embrace...

3 comments:

Rosa said...

The garden is so pretty at this time of the year that I to prefer to be out. Beautiful photos...

Leslie said...

everywhere and nowhere . . . that's exactly where I'd like to be.

xo

Catherine Vibert said...

I would like to join you in your garden for that glass of wine at the end of the day, smelling the magnolia and feeling the sea breeze. Lovely shots Deb.